Friday, March 25, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby

London – March 24, 2011
Grace and I searched far and wide for an ice bucket in our room, to no avail. Considering the fact that this is a 5-star hotel that even has a trouser press, we were surprised not to find one. So, we walked to the little grocery store on the corner and picked up a few snacks, and when we got back we stopped at the desk and asked for an ice bucket. The girl gave us a funny look and told us she’d have someone bring one to our room.
As we made our way to the 6th floor, we saw a hotel employee walking down our hallway with a stainless steel ice bucket filled with ice. I said “That is probably for us, so I’ll just take it” and he grumbled something, handed it to me and was off. Grace and I just shrugged at each other and kept walking. Then, we saw a door that says “Ice” on the outside. We decided to investigate.
We opened the door to what appeared to be an empty room, about 8X8. It was all white, white walls, white floor tiles, and behind the door was the tiniest ice machine I have ever seen. We giggled and continued onto our room.
Once we got to our room we decided to pour ourselves a beverage and make use of this ice that, apparently, has the whole hotel atwitter. No ice scoop, only a tablespoon. Here is a picture of what amused us soJ

No comments:

Post a Comment