Prior to my trip, my mom sent me a couple of photos of some of my family in Salzburg. While there, I kept my eyes open for the spots these photos were taken, and found success!
Then:
This is my Oma and my Dante Herta in Salzburg, probably around 1944:
And this is the same fountain in 2010:
We believe the following picture was taken around 1944 when my Opa was on leave. This is at Hellbrunn Castle. This is in a "trick fountain garden" full of fountains and statues that will surprise you at any point by squirting water on you. In fact, the table in front is a "trick table" and squirts out of the table and chairs alike. The older picture doesn't look like it was taken outdoors, and does look considerably different, so there is a chance things were moved or changed since 44 but I can find nothing on the internet about a change being made.
And, though I didn't actually go inside the palace to get a picture from this viewpoint, I stuck my camera through a fence to get these shots:
You can read more about them at:
http://www.hellbrunn.at/hellbrunn/english/start/index.asp


No comments:
Post a Comment